The Republic of Mauritius is offering 15 scholarships for the 2022/2023 academic year to Cameroonian students
The award is open to Cameroonians of both sexes having proof of English language
proficiency (a pass in either GCE Ordinary Level English, GCE Advanced Level English, a valid
TOEFL or IELTS test results).
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Be of Cameroonian nationality;
- Be a holder of the GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels certificates or their
equivalents with at least a fairly good grade forundergraduate studies;
- Be a holder of a GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels (or their equivalents) and a
Bachelor’s degree with at least a fairly good grade for Master’s studies;
- Be a holder of a GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels (or their equivalents), a
Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree with at least a fairly good grade for
- Be at most 26 years old for the undergraduate cycle, 35 years at most for Master’s
and 40 years at most for Ph.D studies;
- Must have a letter of admission or acknowledgement notice from a Mauritian public
Higher Education Institution of their choice
Requirements for the scholarship
- A handwritten stamped application addressed to the Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education with the field of study chosen, sex, age, region of origin and two telephone numbers clearly mentioned.
- An application form to be filled, downloaded and printed on the following websites
- A certificate of nationality
- Certified copies of GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels certificates or their
- Certified copies of university transcripts (for post graduate candidates)
- Certified copies of university diplomas (for post graduate candidates)
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Medical exams duly filled-in and signed by a registered medical practitioner in section 6 of the candidate’s application form
- Copy of leter of conditional ofer by a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius or copy of acknowledgement notice proving an application for a seat has been made and appropriate application fee paid (the application fee will be reimbursed by the Mauritian authorities in charge if the candidate is selected)
- Study/Research plan for candidates opting for a Master’s or Ph.D programme;
- Supporting statement from a named supervisor from a university in Mauritius for Ph.D candidates
emails: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- The list of Public Higher Education institutions with their application windows and various fields of studies are available on the registration websites.
The candidate’s file in 02 copies (01 original + 01 photocopy) is to be submitted in room 1504 of the Ministry of Higher Education, latest on 08″ July 2022 at 3:30pm prompt.
NB: Incomplete files will be rejected.