Canada is a promise land to most people for it, ease of living, diverse culture, and its rate of development. But, one aspect that most other people often forget to mention while listing out the reasons to move to Canada is its high-quality education system that is available at an extremely affordable rate.
Canadian students Visa is one of the most prestigious as every student especially African students which to continue their studies in Canada.
Here are some steps to help you easily get your Canadian student visa.
Step 1 – Apply to a Canadian University
First and foremost, it goes without saying that you need to start applying to a Canadian university. This comes even before you apply for a Canadian student visa. This is because the acceptance letter that you would receive from the Canadian university you apply to, will serve as a mandatory document for the Canadian student visa application process Many reputed universities provide affordable education in Canada. Some of the notable ones among them are the University of Calgary, University of Ottawa, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Simon Fraser University, and McGill University, among others.
Step 2 – Find out Whether You Need a Student Visa or Not
Now, here is a loophole that you can benefit from. Did you know that you could study in Canada despite being an international student without requiring a student visa? Well, yes, you can in certain circumstances.
The Canadian study permit tool would help you in finding out whether you need a Canadian student visa or permit or not.
The situations where you would not need the visa are
- when you enroll in a short-term program lasting less than six months
- when you are a member of the foreign armed forces under the Visiting Forces Act.
- It is also applicable if the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development Canada accredits one of your family or staff members if they are a foreign representative in Canada.
Step 3 – Fill out Application for Canadian Student Visa
Now, you need to start filling up your application for your study permit (Canadian student visa). Even before you reach Canada, go to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website and apply for your visa. You can even send it by post if you want.
Here you need the acceptance letter from the university, proof of financial stability to live there, proof of no criminal record, multiple passport-size photographs, a letter of intent, and a clinical health record.
If you happen to have a family member with a work permit in Canada (or someone even in the process of applying for a work permit), then it will take around two weeks for your study permit to get processed.
Step 4~Biometric Appointment and Interview
Although it varies from the country you belong to, you might have to go to a Visa Application Centre in your country to have your biometrics be recorded. It is usually charged at CAD 85. This doesn’t include the CAD 150 which would be required for the regular visa application. The student visa charge is also roughly around the same price.
- Please bear in mind that the Canadian student visa is not a travel visa that lets you move around and travel to which ever part of Canada you wish to.
- Also, don’t forget that your study permit will expire 90 days after your program gets finished. At that time, you can try to apply for a work permit.
- Try to always go through the legal procedures to avoid any conflict once you reach Canada.
- always keep your identity and other study-related document copies with you.